Please read this entire privacy notice (hereinafter referred to “Privacy Notice”) carefully before using our websites and our other online services (hereinafter referred to “Services”) because it will help you understand what data we collect, how we use and share it, and what your choices are with respect to that data.
Computime Group Limited and its affiliates (0320.HK) (hereinafter referred to “Computime”) is a Hong Kong Listed Company and has its registered office at 9/F, Tower One, Lippo Centre, 89 Queensway, Hong Kong.
This Privacy Notice describes how Computime and its subsidiaries and affiliates that link to this Privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to “we,” “us” or “our”) may collect, use and share information about you (“Personal Information”) and what privacy choices we may offer you when you use our Services.
The Services of Computime’s subsidiaries and affiliated companies are each owned, operated and provided by such subsidiaries and companies. However, this Privacy Notice ONLY governs the use of Computime’s Services that specifically link to this Privacy Notice. Other Computime’s Services may link to or otherwise provide their own, separate notice.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
By using the Services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Information we collect
We collect Personal Information and non-personal information you provide us to make a purchase, request information or updates on our products or services, or otherwise use the Services. We automatically collect Personal Information and non-personal information about how you use the Services and your preferences.
How we use your information
We use your information, including your Personal Information, to provide you with the Services you have requested, improve our Services, market our products, and make note of your preferences in order to provide the best user experience possible.
How we share your information
We may share your information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and other third parties worldwide to inform you about products and offers that may be of interest to you, unless you have requested that we not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may also share your information with our service providers worldwide, who are required to treat your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as required by law and in certain other situations when using such service providers to provide information or services to you through our Services.
Some countries or jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which your Personal Information was originally collected, however we will take steps to continue to appropriately protect your Personal Information.
Information Collection and Use
Through your use of the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you if you choose to provide it, including without limitation:
- Your name, email, username, phone number, company and address, (“Contact Information”);
- Your job function, annual income, and home ownership status;
- Publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification;
- Your mobile OS, a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifiers.
We may collect your Personal Information or usage data from third parties, including without limitation:
- Your email address and other collected Personal Information about you may be forwarded to Computime by a third-party website when you request for Computime to contact you through such third-party website;
- Your Personal Information may be forwarded to Computime when you choose to participate in a third-party application or feature, such as live chat, one of our social media pages or a similar application or feature on a third-party website;
- Additional Personal Information may be forwarded to Computime from third parties to combine with the Personal Information we collect through your use of the Services in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to focus content we provide to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you based upon the information we have collected.
We will apply the terms of our Privacy Notice to any Personal Information received from a third party, unless we have disclosed to you otherwise. Computime is not responsible for these third parties’ dissemination of your Personal Information.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Customer Service: We may use your Contact Information to receive and respond to your questions about products, services or warranties and to communicate with you about contests, surveys or sweepstakes. To address your questions, we may also request your industry and/or the name and address of the dealer that sold you our product.
- Feedback: We may use your username, email address, products purchased, and other user-generated content you may provide when you rate and review our products.
- Website Registration: We may use your Contact Information when you create an account through any of our Services in order to provide you a more personalized user experience.
- Analytics: When you use the Services, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information in order for us to continually improve your experience with our Services and to target marketing and advertising to you.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to determine what products may be of interest to you, provide you with marketing communications (unless you have opted out of such communications) and to conduct market research. We may also use information you provide us, including your industry, whether you own our product, experience with our products, and user-generated content, for these marketing purposes.
- Location-Based Services: We may use your current location, provided address and/or zip code to provide you the location of the retailer of our products or other appropriate information.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our Services to you.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards.
However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so it is not possible to guarantee absolute security. You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain portions of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Notice to Europe Economic Area Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the Personal Information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the EEA. The Personal Information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA that work for us or one of our subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice, including utilizing the European Union Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside the EEA.
We use “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you with a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Upon the beginning of each of your visits to our websites, the website also provides the ability to turn off all non-strictly necessary cookies for the Computime websites during that visit. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common internet browsers are provided at the links below for your convenience. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the browsers below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective browser if these links are no longer current.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services;
The use of third-party cookies is not covered by our Privacy Notice. We do not have access or control over these cookies. If you continue to use our websites, we will assume you agree to the use of these cookies. You may visit the third-party links below to opt out of their tracking and learn about their privacy practices. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the third parties below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective third party if these links are no longer current.
- IBM Digital Analytics
- To view IBM’s Software and Services Privacy Statement, please click here.
- The Computime websites that utilize IBM Digital Analytics present users with the following three options for participating in data collection when the user enters the website: (1) full participation; (2) opt out of data collection; or (3) anonymous participation.
- Google Analytics
- Visual Website Optimizer
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Services, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We only share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Computime as described below.
- Affiliates and Third Parties. We may share your Personal Information with Computime’s affiliates and other companies worldwide, including our unaffiliated dealers, manufacturers, and suppliers in order for these companies to contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you. By accessing our websites, registering for an account or service with us, or otherwise providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer of your Personal Information worldwide as provided in this Privacy Notice. To choose to opt out of such disclosures, please email us at email@example.com. This Privacy Notice does not govern unaffiliated third-party websites or any other website that does not link to this Privacy Notice.
- As Required or Appropriate by Law. We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including without limitation:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal processes and to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information at your direction.
We may share aggregated data that has been anonymized (so that you are not identified) with third parties – like publishers, advertisers or connected websites – and may make this data publicly available. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or products.
Our websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, message boards, or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our blog, message board, or community forum by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove your Personal Information from the identified blog, message board, or community forum. If we are unable to remove such Personal Information, we will notify you and provide the reason we are unable to take such action.
If you have created an online account with Computime or one of its subsidiaries or companies and would like to update the information you have provided in your online account, you can access your account on this website to view and make changes or corrections to your information. If you do not want to receive marketing or other communications from us, please use the unsubscribe method provided in our communications. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer period is required or allowed by law.
Access to your Personal Information
If you are a resident of the EU, you have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can make such a request by emailing us at email@example.com.
Changes and Termination of the Services
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to revise these Privacy Notices at any time and correct any errors or omissions in any portion of our Services. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make to this Privacy Notice will become effective immediately once posted on this page. Your continued use of the Services following any changes to this Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
In compliance with laws and regulations, we do not intentionally collect information from children. By using our website, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please write to us by mail at Computime Group Limited., Attention to: Website Inquiries, 9/F, Tower One, Lippo Centre, 89 Queensway, Hong Kong, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright Reserved by Computime Group Limited.
Version 1.0.1 March 2017.